•manufacturers
•other

Other:
•links
•contact us
•add your site

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 networking
 great opportunities!
 Laos, Japan, Isle of Man, Peru, Northern Patagonia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

akrider
forum expert

17 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2008 :  06:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friends,

This is Phil Freeman from Alaska Rider Tours. Well, snow is creeping down the mountains, the ducks and geese are grouping up and heading south, and the temperatures are headed down the slippery slope. We are losing over 6 minutes of daylight a day as our part of the rock is spiraling away from the sun. Indeed, the end our season is upon us in the Great White North. I want to thank those of you who rode with us up here in 2008!

I am also proud to announce a significant change for Alaska Rider Tours as we are officially launching MotorQuest Tours! We will be under the banner of MotoQuest Tours from now on for all of our motorcycle tours in Alaska, and abroad. Other than our premier Alaska and Canada motorcycle tours, our tour schedule for 2009 will include exciting destinations such as: Laos, Japan, Isle of Man, Peru, Northern Patagonia, and South Africa. Please check out our new website at: MotoQuestTours.com

Don’t Fret! Alaska Rider Tours will still be our beloved label for all Motorcycle Rentals and Self-Guided Tours in Alaska and northwest Canada. Whether you are interested in a tour with us as MotorQuest Tours or renting a motorcycle from Alaska Rider Tours, you will still be in contact with the our same core staff: Nicole, Rob, Jeff, John and I will be answering the phones and emails to help you on your way. In addition, our newest staff member, Brenden, will be available by phone to help you choose your next adventure. I am also proud to announce that Ben and Kevin will be back next year to help out on the road and around the shop.

DVD Movies! Does anybody want to get excited about riding the world? We have developed couple of movies for you to sooth (or exacerbate) your adventure lust. As of now, we have the Best of 2007: a conglomeration of short films highlighting our tours. The Best of 2007 features footage from Japan, Laos, South Africa, Canada (Inuvik), Alaska, Northern Patagonia, Southern Patagonia, and Peru. I have also completed a 40-minute film of South Africa, featuring the Baviaanskloof Wilderness Area – a true adventure – which we plan to run again in October of 2009. If you have a hankering to go to Peru, we have a film highlighting that incredible ride through the Andes too! In order to watch any and all of these films, just contact John with your request, and he will be happy to send you those DVDs. John can be reached by email: john@akrider.com, or , just pick up the phone and call him at (907) 440-8915 and tell him where to send it.

Our next adventure is Laos, where we have an exotic 15-Day itinerary planned. We are only accepting 8 riders maximum for this tour, and already it is almost Sold Out. We only have two spots left for this incredible ride. My good friend Lynn and I will be guiding the tour, which is scheduled from January 19th – February 2nd. If you have any interest in this tour, and seeing this incredibly tranquil country, please contact me directly at: phil@akrider.com

My good friend Simon Siggs, whom you may recall set out on a KLR 650 to Ushuaia this summer for awareness of Fragile X Syndrome, is currently somewhere in Central America. He has been diligently keeping his BLOG up to date, and it is quite inciteful and funny. If you have a chance (especially if you are at the office right now, and don’t want to work), check out Simon’s BLOG at: http://www.fragilexpedition.blogspot.com/ If you would like to contribute to Simon’s fundraising page goto: http://www.fragilexpedition.blogspot.com/

Video Presentations! I am planning to travel down to the “Lower 48” to do video presentations and to talk about riding in Alaska and our other exotic destinations. I am tentatively looking to travel to New York City, Detroit, Chicago, Houston and Pheonix areas between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Films I plan to carry with me are: Best of 2007, Peru, South Africa, Japan and the Isle of Man. If you know of a local motorcycle dealership, organization or club that would be interested in hosting me for a casual evening of motorcycle adventure films and talk, please let me know, and I would be happy to incorporate it into my schedule. If you know of a spare sofa, room, or space in your barn a weary traveler from Alaska could stay, please let me know, as I would love to stop by! Please contact me at: phil@akrider.com

I am writing you live from New Delhi, India, and it seems different than my home town in Girdwood, Alaska. I am here with a rag-tag group of motorcycle junkies, renting Royal Enfields and heading into the Himalayas. My good friend Shane Patrick will be updating our travels on his BLOG site: http://www.underachieversink.blogspot.com

Again, I want to thank you all again for your support and patronage. It has been a great experience running this business for the past ten years, and it has given me the opportunity to meet many incredible people along the way. I hope that I will be able see some of you during my November/December trip.

Until then, take care, ride much, and never stop dreaming.

Kind regards,

Phil Freeman
Alaska Rider Tours
www.akrider.com
MotoQuest Tours
www.motoquesttours.com
email: phil@akrider.com
1-800-756-1990

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: