•manufacturers
•other

Other:
•links
•contact us
•add your site

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Question time
 insurance questions answered by the expert
 Insurance for new residents
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Muddle
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2008 :  12:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI, I have recently moved to the UK and want to purchase a ZX10-R Ninja, most likely a run-out '06 or '07 model. My main concern I now find is being able to get insurance. I am australian and have only recently arrived in the UK and plan on staying a while. I have a full Australian motorcycle license with no restrictions for 10 years, and have rating 1 for life coverage on all my vehicles in Australia. and this is applicable accross more than one insurane company. (2 vehicles and 1 motorcycle insured with separate companies). I have spoken to 2 companies about insurance now and have been declined by both here in the UK. I am a safe rider and have never had an accident, but I have been informed that 1. I need at least 3 years riding in the UK to get insurance on a ZX10, 2.that If I hold a policy with a no claim bonus on it and it is current, it can't apply to another insurance company here as it is currently in use. (In australia a rating 1 for life means no claim bonus AND that all the other companies will honor it should you hold multiple policies with multiple insurance companies, which I was informed does not happen here). I just want to be able to buy a bike and ride it and I am well aware that there are things that need to be ascertained, and I have my letters of insurance from Australia, I also have an international license.
I find it hard to justify being able to get on some little bike for three years in order to be given the privelege to ride the bike I want when I have been riding one for long enough elsewhere and I am sure there must be at least one company who would give insurance to a millionairre who moves here and buys a ferrari with limited driving time in the UK. Cost is not much of a factor, as third party can't be too expensive. I just want to be able to ride the bike I want, but in the UK no insurance no bike
If anyone knows of a way that I can save my sanity and be able to get on the bike I want (apart from the "move back to australia" answer) I would appreciate it.
   Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Motorcycle Insurance UK Forum © Motorcycle Insurance UK Go To Top Of Page